Sunday 17 October 2010

what is graphic design?


Si Scott for Adidas

In my world, Si Scott can do little wrong- and after discovering this illustrative graphics work comissioned by Adidas, that opinion has certainly been cemented.

Usually, sports brands are direct, bold, and quite frankly, often a little boring (in my mind), despite being globally known.
Thus, I was delighted when I saw this contemporary and fresh edge that Si Scott has given to the Adidas logo with his hand-rendered, organic illustrative style that he is famed for.

I love how unique and youthful this makes the logo appear, and looks wonderful in the crisp and fresh blue and white colour scheme.

A great idea- a really good example of thinking "outside the box".


"appropraite, creative, obsessive, frustrating, organised, structured...design lives in the detail."

No comments:

Post a Comment