Monday 28 February 2011

Quotes about Life and Death.



 "Love is stronger than death, even though it's can't stop death from happening. But no matter how hard death tries, it can't seperate people from love. It can't take away our memories either. In the end, life is stronger than death."
(Author Unknown)
 "Have the courage to live. Anyone can die."
(Robert Cody)

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
(Muhatma Gandhi)

"While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die."
(Leonardo Da Vinci)

"The question is not whether we will die, but how will we live."
(John Borysenko)


"Because I have loved life, I shall have no sorrow to die."
(Amelia Burr)
"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
 (Helen Keller)
"Life's a voyage that's homeward bound."
(Herman Melville)
"Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think."
 (La Bruyere)

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"
(Robert Byrne)
"Life is a great big canvas and you should throw all of the paint on it you can"
(Danny Kaye)

"Life is a cement trampoline"
(Howard Nordberg)

"I have measured my life out with coffee spoons"
(T.S Eliot, from 'The Lovesong of J.Alfred Prufrock)

"Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% mortality rate."
(R.D Laing)

"Life is a long lesson is humility"
(J.M Barie)

"There is always death and taxes; however, death doesn't get worse every year."
(Author Unknown)

"I shall not die of a cold. I shall die of having lived."
(Willa Cather)

"Death is a distant rumour to the young"
(Andrew A. Rooney)

"We understand death for the first time when he puts his hands upon whom we love."
(Madame de Stael)

"The goal of all life is death"
(Sigmund Freud)

"I intend to live forever. So far- so good."
(Steve Wright)

"Death is life's way of telling you you're fired."
(Author Unknown)

"Death is more universal than life; everyone dies, but not everyone lives."
(A. Sachs)

"I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens."
(Woody Allen)

"To die will be an awfully big adventure."
(J.M Barie)

 "Life is made up of years that mean nothing and moments that mean it all."
(Author Unknown)

"Every new day is another chance to change your life."
(Author Unknown)



"What is life, if full of care?
We have no time to stand and stare"
(W.H Auden, from 'leisure')

"Life is far too imporant a thing to ever talk seriously about"
(Oscar Wilde, from 'Lady Windermere's fan)

"Life is divided into the horrible and the miserable"
(Woody Allen)

"Life is full of misery, lonliness, and suffering- and it's over much too soon"
(Woody Allen)

"Life is wasted on the living"
(Douglas Adams)


In my designs, as with my outlook on design and my own practice, I would really like to focus on the light-hearted, optimstic and humourous side of life and death, creating an up-lifting and positive design. I will go on to explore and develop my own visual interpretations of quotes, as well as looking at how life and death (and opposites in general) are represented in design.

No comments:

Post a Comment