Monday 4 April 2011

What Is Graphic Design For?: Image- Cubecraft.




I recently discovered the wesbite http://www.cubeecraft.com/- Cubeecraft is a New York based online print company, which allows for online viewers to print and create interlocking paper-based character designs (A4 scale) without need for messy glue or adhesives.

One of my favourite designs, being the fangirl that I am, is featured above, the character design by Jordan Fernadez of Wes Anderson's character Richie Tenenbaum from the film 'The Royal Tenenbaums', though the website offers a vast multitude of characters- both fan-based and original for the crafter to make and experiment with. 

I really love this concept- it's cheap, innovative, creative and encourages young artists to get involved readily- whether it be through designing or constructing.

I think that the target market and audience for these products are great- not only perfect for fans of the particular characters and designs, but also for craft lovers, printers, designers and model-makers, as well as collectors.

A great site that I definately recommend- I'm going to print and construct as many of these designs as I can in the very near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment