Sunday 25 September 2011

Design Product/Print- Locations: Thackray Medical Museum.



Top-rate illustrations, not just gore and science, fact fans.



Interesting sculptural work- representing the statical data of women dying in childbirth through the ages. Well-developed concept and good use of minimal colours with negative space- could easily be transformed into a two-dimensional info graphic...good inspiration for possible design direction.


Today I visited the Thackray Medical Museum in Leeds, situated around 10-minutes away by car from the city center, next to St. James' central hospital. Having visited for the first time a couple of weeks ago, this time my trip was free- a strange but true fact that with every entry to the museum bought, you receive a free annual pass (curious). The museum, of course was very interesting, but I went for potential research into this print-based project. I picked up lots of printed media (blogged at a later date) and there were some interesting exhibits and layouts to inspire possible development for the retrospective concept I am contemplating with my Wes Anderson-themed project. However, the museum itself, once a Victorian Workhouse, was far too traditional a setting and location for my modern graphic design outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment