Saturday 21 January 2012

Type//Type as Image//I wish I could//Rob Ryan.




(All images sourced from Google Image links)

To me, Rob Ryan's papercut designs have always evoked a real sense of romanticism and magic- just like the fairytales I have been researching for my own 'I wish I could' type as image design. Along with print finishes such as metallic foil blocking and metallic paints screenprinting, the idea of laser cutting (unfortunately I don't have the time currently to produce a hand-cut design) my design with a similar style and design outcome to Rob Ryan's intricate, nature-inspired designs (particularly like the book cover- the very last image of the post)- a real sense of romance and traditional, hand-rendered designs- a definite inspiration- of which the design development can be found on my Design Practice blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment