Friday 17 February 2012

Image//Book Works//The colour yellow//Quotes.



Research various famous quotes about the colour yellow- to potentially feature in my 'Book Works' design- particularly looking at emotive/psychological connections.

http://www.sensationalcolor.com/color-messages-meanings/color-meaning-symbolism-psychology/all-about-the-color-yellow.html
  • "Everyone knows that yellow, orange, and red suggest ideas of joy and plenty. I can paint you the skin of Venus with mud, provided you let me surround it as I will." -- Eugene Delacroix
  • “As a picture painted in yellow always radiates spiritual warmth, or as one in blue has apparently a cooling effect, so green is only boring.” -- Wassily Kandinsky
  • “Oh yes! He loved yellow, did good Vincent...When the two of us were together in Arles, both of us insane, and constantly at war over beautiful colors, I adored red; where could I find a perfect vermilion?” -- Paul Gauguin


"Yellow wakes me up in the morning. Yellow gets me on the bike every day. Yellow has taught me the true meaning of sacrifice. Yellow makes me suffer. Yellow is the reason I am here." -- Lance Armstrong

"There are painters who transform the sun to a
yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transfer a yellow spot into the sun."--Pablo Picasso

"How wonderful yellow is. It stands for the sun." --Vincent Van Gogh

"A yellow circle will reveal a spreading movement outwards from the center which almost markedly approaches the spectator; a blue circle develops a concentric movement (like a snail hiding in its shell) and moves away from the spectator." --Wassily Kandinsky

"Well, my favorite color I guess I would say yellow." --Fran Drescher

No comments:

Post a Comment