Monday 13 February 2012

Inspiration//Charley Harper.



For a long time, I have been a huge fan of Charley Harper's illustrative and Graphic work- and been meaning to buy his book, 'An Illustrated Life' for quite some time. However, when I came across the book in the library, it was a great opportunity to swipe it up for a quick look before I committed to purchase- and I wasn't at all disappointed. 
The book shows over 400 pages of illustrative plates of Harper's distinctive modernist style throughout various chapters including 'The Ford Years' and 'Animal Kingdom', the latter being a personal favourite.
To me, Harper's style embodies everything I want to achieve in my own design practice- a clear, distinctive, crisp, modern style, but with it's own personality and tactile design. A real inspiration, and work that I will certainly been looking even more closely at in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment