Thursday 22 March 2012

Image//Image FMP//Minimal movie posters.



http://minimalmovieposters.tumblr.com/


For quite a long time I have been really interested and inspired by the prospect of designing illustratively for films, with a great passion and interest in the creative film industry. A few months ago, I discovered the blog 'Minimal Movie Posters' (see link above) and was really inspired by the great skill and visual communication displayed by the contributing designers. In the examples shown above and below, what I am particularly draw to is the bold compositions and minimal colour palettes which make the designs understated, sophisticated, and, as a result, very high- impact. Although I may not be making singular posters, as such, it has given me a clear direction and inspiration the style of design that I will be aspiring to design within my History of the Academy Awards booklet and presentation pack designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment