Saturday 28 April 2012

Design Practice II//Product/Range/Distribution//Grimm's Fairy Tale Book Covers.


 

Researching a few quick examples of the wonderfully varied designs for past and present covers for Grimm's Fairy Tales, here, taking a more classic, traditional, illustrative approach, many with ornate, art deco- like designs. Although I intend to go for something a little more modern, which I think will be more appropriate to the age of contemporary penguin/puffin designs, as well as my own "style" and design portfolio, it's great looking at some of the more traditional designs, and seeing how this style has evolved and changed, and how the covers have developed and changed throughout the years- and how I, myself, can use this as a source of inspiration within my own design outcomes and development.


All pictures sourced from various Google Images links.



No comments:

Post a Comment