Saturday 28 April 2012

Design Practice II//Product/Range/Distribution//Taschen Grimm's Fairy Tales.



When researching the design briefs to potentially work with for this project within the OUGD203 module, and knowing instantly that I wanted to work with the Penguin/Puffin brief, my very first source of inspiration was the design for 'The Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm' publication by one of my favourite publishing houses, Taschen, in which each of the individual stories has illustrative interpretations by different artists- giving a really unique and varied experience when reading through the book.
For me, the particular inspiration, and something that I felt would work quite effectively for my designs, was the silhouetted, paper- cut like designs, which work as really simple, but effective one colour images that I feel would give a really classic, timeless and sophisticated look to my book designs- therefore ensuring that the book was kept as an heirloom, collector's book as opposed to something that was just thrown away after childhood, encouraging future generations to keep on passing down the tales and encouraging each new generation to keep reading and sharing the stories- my main intent and purpose in my brief, which I will come to re-evaluate and analyse on my Design Practice blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment