Friday 13 April 2012

Image//Image FMP//Russian Graphic Design.



After  researching more into the origins of the Swan Lake ballet, and from my prior knowledge of the Russian origins (from the composer, and the themes of fidelity and love), I am beginning to consider using a Eastern European, and particularly Russian influence in terms of my illustrative Graphic Design outcomes for my poster designs.
Russian Graphic Design was particularly prolific in the Bauhaus movement (of which was originated in Russia in the communist revolts), and famed, in particular, by designer Rodchenko. The minimal colours and bold, high-impact type and image, I believe, would work really well with the dark and theatrical themes of Black Swan- definitely something I will be experimenting with in my design developments over the forthcoming days.

All pictures sourced from individual Google Images source links.






No comments:

Post a Comment