Wednesday 23 May 2012

Design Practice II//Product/Range/Distribution//Layout Design Inspiration.



One of my favourite sources of inspiration throughout this project has been the Taschen publication of The Fairy Tales of The Brothers Grimm, with it's wonderfully considered type and illustrative designs throughout.


In this project, designing the edition of the book has been something quite new to me, with little experience with editorial design before, and all the help and inspiration I could get would, of course, be really helpful. With a good balance of illustrative designs and body copy, I felt that this would be a good source to work from in terms of how effectively these designs are combined.


Not such a fan of wrap around images, although I really like the flooded page illustration designs, and this is something I will definitely pursue within my own designs. For further details and design developments, see my Design Practice blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment