Saturday 22 September 2012

Design Practice III//Negotiated Briefs//University of Leeds Ballet Society.




As one of my ten negotiated briefs for Design Practice III, I contacted the University of Leeds ballet society to discuss potentially working with them on a branding and promotional design project.

Since childhood I've been a fan of ballet, but unfortunately never having been able to attend classes, have learnt a little more about it through personal interest throughout the years, and a particular fan of the Russian ballerina, Rudolph Nureyev. Starting to explore the art of ballet through the image module last year, I knew it was something I wanted to look at in more detail, and after a few initial ideas and research, contacted the organisers of the society, and together we have discussed branding the society, applying this to several products as well as promoting the performances throughout the year for the various ability groups.

Through meeting up with the organisers of the society and working on my own, independent research, I hope to learn more about the art and practice of ballet, as well as creating a strong, memorable brand that will hopefully  demonstrate how contemporary and significant the art form still is today.

All future research posts will be published to my Design Context blog, and all design development will be found on my Design Practice blog, including the written brief and rationale.

No comments:

Post a Comment